Saturday, September 12, 2009

Just a Few Thoughts on Chandler's Top 20

I can't really knock my little bro too much on his choices for his top 20 movies for one reason his top 20 looks exactly like it should for a 13 year old. I would be a little worried if he had a few of the same movies on his list as me or if he had others like Pulp Fiction because I have seen more movies and I can watch movies he can't. Plus if he had a bunch of R rated films on his list he probably find himself in a large amount of trouble because our Mom reads this blog.



With that said I do have some thoughts on my little bro's top 20. Really I have just two bones to pick with him, but they are rather large.



1. How Can You Possibly Include one of the Prequel Star Wars Films on your list?

Don't get me wrong I liked the prequel trilogy even Episode 1 and Revenge of the Sith was the best of that bunch so if I had to pick one I would definitely say I liked that one the best. They were Star Wars movies, but Lucas focused too much on effects and did little with the story and should not have directed these movies. With that said Revenge of the Sith had the chance to be the best film of all of the Star Wars movies, but it lacked the neccessary emotional punches to get the job done. On the whole the film was good, but not great. I watched it again not long ago and was sad because with a few adjustments it could have been outstanding. I don't have the time nor the space to list all of the ways I would have fixed Episode Three, but here is where I would start.




Jar Jar is the worst character ever to be thought of and was pretty much responsible for the Sith taking over the Republic he should have paid dearly for that if not with a lightsaber to the head, being frozen for eternity in carbonite would be perfectly acceptable as well just as long as he never appeared again. In fact Lucas can right all the wrongs Jar Jar did to the fans if this is the first scene of the new Star Wars T.V. show. I would be happy and every nerd in the world would watch it and then buy the DVD just so we could watch Jar Jar meet his end again and again. Here's the difference between Han Solo and Jar Jar Binks, no one would ever and I mean ever try to rescue Binks from his icy tomb. He would probably just end up in Watto's junk pile buried underneath a bunch of rusty old droid parts where he would be forgotten for all time.




2. Pirates At World's End, really?
Probably one of the worst sequels ever made. I didn't like it and I hope number 4 redeems this lame movie. It does have an appropriate title because the whole time I was sitting in the movie theater I was wishing that it would end.

Overall solid list little bro, but you and I both know The Empire Strikes Back rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment